But what day isn’t, right? Today’s the day for our nephew’s 15th birthday party, trimmed out with tropical-themed foods. The following list is not only a way for me to share the menu, but an exercise to help me not forget what the heck I’m making today….
- tropical fruit salad
- veggies & dip
- banana chips
- honey-pineapple pork roast
- teriyaki chicken thighs
- honey-ginger-lime salmon
- shrimp fried rice w/ pineapple
- roasted sweet potato salad with pineapple, cilantro & lime
- portuguese sweet rolls
- 4-layer peanut butter cake with peanut butter-cream cheese filling and drooly fudge topping
- chocolate fountain: strawberries, pineapple, graham crackers, marshmallows, and pretzels
Beverage of the day
- tropical garden punch
Not too bad, I’ve made it to 6:00 on the day of the party which starts at noon and I still need several key ingredients from the market. I am way too ocd to do things this way, but weekend plans necessitated running close to the wire with time. We got the floors cleaned yesterday, but still have not put the living room furniture back together (in an effort to keep it as dog hair free as possible for as long as possible). Still need to clean both bathrooms as well. And wrap gifts. Me thinks that I had better get off the interwabs and get my ass moving….