Are you in need of a side dish for your dinner with a Mexican twist? Do you love fresh squashes? Colorful foods? Adding vitamin C and powerful antioxidants to your diet? Well then, you’re in luck as I have just the recipe for you!
As an alternative, you could add some goat cheese to this dish and serve it as a vegetarian entree over brown rice.
1 medium onion, cut in a large dice
4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups zucchini , diced into cubes
2 cups yellow squash, diced into cubes
15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
4 oz can of diced green chili
4 Tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
¼ cup chopped cilantro
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice onion and chop garlic
- Prepare all other vegetables
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a large skillet. Sauté onions in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, remaining broth, green chili, and cook for another 3 minutes or so until the vegetables are tender, stirring often
- Add tomatoes and continue to cook for another couple of minutes
- Stir in herbs, salt, and pepper
Adapted from a recipe posted on the world’s healthiest foods