I had the plague all week. Woke up Tuesday morning very tired, with an achy body and raw throat. Wednesday it was worse and I had a fever too. Went to sleep before 8:00 that night and went straight through ’til 6:30 Thursday. Felt better.
Today I woke up feeling the best that I have all week and decided to get a jump-start on the laundry. The first load finished washing so I threw in a second before proceeding to the dryer. How strange, when I opened the dryer door the light was out. I removed the protective cover and exposed the bulb which I unscrewed so that I could buy a new one. Except that the filament was not hanging around inside which tells me that the bulb was not toast after all. So, leaving the dryer door open I moved to the rear of the contraption to see if there was a wire loose somewhere (since it was recently moved by the electricians so that they could access our breaker box). When I touched the power cord that leads into the back of the machine, the light came on, let it go, it went off, wash, rinse, repeat. I gave up on the light for the time being, closed the door and tried to start the dry cycle. Hello, dumbass, if the power cord to the machine is loose then the entire machine isn’t getting juice, not just the light bulb. Since this was a hand-me-down appliance that has been through at least two other households I will not feel bad about replacing it. HD is having a sale this weekend with 10% off all appliances and 12 months no interest on their card and they carry Consumer Reports top-rated dryer. Time for another major purchase, me-thinks.
So now “my lawn needs a-mowin’, my dryer’s burnt out, I’m sick as a dog, and my kitchen still ain’t done”. Doesn’t that sound like a beautiful beginning for a country song?